Manufacture of water cleaner drum filters
Many water purification systems involve the reduction of solid and suspended matter in contaminated water. A technician is responsible for selecting one of the several types of filtration equipment that can be used for this purpose, based on filtration parameters and other factors.
One of the technical solutions could be the use of a drum filter.
The drum filter is a revolving cylindrical drum using the material to filter out suspended particles. In this process, the fluid to be cleaned flows through the material which retains the suspended particles.
The drum filter can be:
- open, gravitational
- closed, operating under pressure different from ambient pressure (vacuum or overpressure).
Gravity drum filters can be used for numerous applications, such as cleaning communal sewage water, industrial water treatment systems and fish-farm applications. For intensive fish breeding, gravity filters are considered to be a fundamental cleaning element in the recirculation system, due to their high capacity and simple operation.
The drum filter that we manufacture is of the gravitational type, and operates on the principle shown in the following schematic illustration.
The contaminated water is fed into the revolving drum, and then flows though the filter textile stretched on the drum . This is where filtering takes place.
The drum filter is self-cleaning: the contaminants filtered out are removed (during continuous filtering) by counter-flow flushing.
The main parameters of our 5 types of drum filter are the following:
|Maximum filtering capacity(m3/hour)*||1200||350||250||100||60||40|
|Filter drum dimensions (mm)||ø1900x2000||ø1200x1000||ø800x1250||ø600x500||ø600x400||ø600x400|
|Connecting pipe dimensions(mm)||-||ø315||-||ø200||ø160||ø110|
*The capacity of the drum filter depends on the filter textile used, on the characteristics of the fluid to be filtered and on the type of contamination.
Characteristics common to all drum filter types:
- Large filtering capacity.
- We use polyester filter textile as the filtering material. The gap size can be modified from 30 to 200µm as required. Replacement of the filter textile is simple and can even be performed by the operator.
- To save water, the drum filter uses water from the cleaned side to flush the filter textile, thereby decreasing operational costs.
- Backflush is regulated by electric control, and continuous or interrupted operations can be selected.
- There are no chain or belt drives. The revolving drum is driven directly, except for the D-1200 type. For the D-1200 type drum filter, the drum is driven by a rubber drive wheel.
- The electric equipment of the drum filter is IP55 protected so that the equipment can be used outdoors. When determining the conditions for outdoor operation, frost in the winter season must be taken into account.
- Safe operation, low operating costs, simple maintenance and operation.
- Long-term, continuous operation without interruption.
- The frame structure of the drum filter is made of corrosion-proof steel.
We provide detailed information on other parameters of the drum filter types, their installation and application conditions if required.
- Rideg & Rideg Fish Farm Kft (H-Homokmégy)
- Silver-Fish Kft (H-Vésztő)
- SC Gavella COM SRL (Romania)
- Pro-Acva SA (Romania)
- Szarvas-Fish Kft (H-Szarvas)
- Banat University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (R-Timisoara)
- AP-Művek Kft (H-Sáregres)
- Hal-Ház Kft (H-Felsőmánd)
- Fish-Coop Kft (H-Szajol)
- TEHAG Halszaporító Kft (H-Százhalombatta)